Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Hiking Buddy

This is Janet on the footpath. I met her at one of the dinners at the college. She's a doctor, working in palliative care for cancer patients here in Cambridge. She picked me up in town and drove us out to the countryside. We visited a few nearby villages, getting out to look at the cemeteries (we both like em), walked around the towns to see the old homes. We drove to Wimpole, the grand hall and estate about 10 miles from Cambridge. We didn't go into the hall or the formal gardens, but walked around the informal grounds a bit and visited their shop. I bought more primroses and a large clay pot as it's hard to get that on my bike. Wimpole also has a rare breeds farm. They start lambing in a week and have special events going on. Ann Thompson will be here then, so hope to make it out (like we've never seen a lamb born!). I'm interested in learning what breeds of chickens, goats, sheep, pigs and cows they have. http://www.wimpole.org/

No comments: