Monday, June 25, 2007

Decorated Arms


The entire time I've been in England, I have not seen one other person knitting in public (KIP). Two Saturdays ago it was KIP too! The Cambridge knitting group had a scheduled day to go to Bury St. Edmond's to knit in the Abbey ruins. I couldn't make it, but thought of them knitting away in the ancient ruins, hopefully impressing passersby enough to stop and watch and hopefully inspire some new knitters. I cannot sit on a train or in a car without knitting something. I knitted these wrist warmers on the train ride to and from Norwich last weekend. I embellished them later at home with my 'Loopy' mohair yarn. I crocheted a picot edge on the upper part and just a single crochet edge on the finger edge and also around the thumb. The pattern is from knitty.com, the voodoo wrist warmers (winter 02). I LOVE these wonderous, wooly, wrist warmers! They really do keep my hands (and wrists) warm. I used my very own hand dyed 'Waltz' yarn, a 50/50 blend of alpaca and wool. It is SO luxurious and soft. The colorway is my new 'Plum Pudding'. This yarn and colorway are not on my website yet. When I get back home, my website is going to have a major makeover, with plenty of updates and additions.



It doesn't look like much of a wrist warmer laid flat.


And, I finished the green bead wire bracelet. I thought I'd try something a bit different, with two 'V' bent wires, coming together in the back. That's the last time I'm trying this! It took forever and by the end I wasn't that entertained. It took a lot of beads too. My husband said it looks like glitzy hardware. I do like it wearing it though. 'More is More Better!'

No comments: