Sunday, January 18, 2009

Trying to Stay Warm


Forrest is home from Montana (although going home tomorrow) and informed me he wanted some hand warmer/mittens. I made him a scarf for Christmas and he would like some mitts to match.





They're great for keeping his hands warm, especially by the fire!


With his name being Forrest, I thought that woodsey colors would be a good choice. I knit this scarf in a P1, K1 ribbing, one half green and the other half brown.







Sara's modeling a lace cowl made with my hand dyed alpaca (which I'll have for sale on line soon). The pattern is from the fall issue of knitty.com and is called "abby". I love so many patterns from knitty. There are some great designers and innovative patterns. I'm almost finished with the handwarmers, "fetching", a very popular pattern (nearly 10,000 postings on ravelry!)

No comments: