Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Happily Holidazing


The house is decorated, the cookies baked, the gifts wrapped and I'm enjoying a cup of tea. I love this time of year and tomorrow all my boys will be here and I'll have a big smile on my face.




This is our dining room table top so I don't know where the food is going to go!


The mantle this year is shabby rustic. I dragged an old iron gate into the house and placed it front and center on the mantle, placing vintage Christmas postcards in between the wire. Years ago I found this angel crafted from an old tin roof from a barn near Frederick. The person that sold it to me said that the old man that made it could not read nor write but had a way with his hands and could create most anything out of metal.


I've been shooting the tree and wiggling the camera. This one distorts the lights making it look like it has candy canes all over it.


And if you wiggle the camera back and forth really fast, you get this scratch-like effect.


This is my favorite ornament. It looks like our farm, with a plane flying overhead pulling a sign and the boys have made "Merry Christmas" in the snow. You plug it into one of the light sockets and the plane goes round and round.


Even Trapper is into the holiday spirit with his red bandana. That is not his tongue sticking out. He was a good boy when he went to the feed store with me so he got a pig's ear as a treat. Poor pig, lucky dog.


I couldn't help myself. I love funny monster things. These are the creations of an artist in Hagerstown. They are so well made and so very funny I catch myself smiling like them. I'm trying to give them as gifts but they'll probably end up living with me.


Have a great last day before Christmas. Happy cheer, merry be.

No comments: