Friday, May 24, 2013

Lucky at Luckett's


As soon as Sheep and Wool was over, it was on to painting furniture and crafting, getting ready for Luckett's Spring Market. This was one of the entrances, clever arrangement of mixed truck parts.

This show was so big they had 2 entrances.


Love these huge door.

And this was out little booth. We were able to spill out as it wasn't raining. The forecast was for showers nearly all day, but we had just a bit in the morning and a little sprinkle in the afternoon.





We sold this set right off the bat. People were lined up for an hour to get it and when they opened the gates, wow! What a crowd, all day long.

But this is how it began...in Krista's barn, one of our workspaces. We primed, painted, distressed, waxed and buffed.

Did a little decoupage on this cute retro table.

a little stenciling on the stool


Sold this piece for some lucky pooch for her bed



 Frames were quite popular



















 I have quite a collection of old tool boxes so planted them up with flowers.

 It was slower on Sunday so Krista and I took turns walking around the market. So many wonderful things out there and clever ideas.

There were food vendors, selling crab cakes (yum!) and those curly chips. Lots of other goodies too.

Ginger & Spice had 3 booths set up.

A couple of our booth mates at the barn, Charm City Farmhouse and Traerloves, had a booth at the market too.

Traerloves had a huge display of their upholstered furniture.

and their awesome bright red chevron graphics against the teal.

They even made skirts to match!

On my foray out, I bought this green 'tower' thing. It reminded me of South Dakota for some reason and I just had to have it for my garden.

It might be for water, not sure.

I loved these funky necklaces, assembled from vintage jewelry. Couldn't decide...

so got both the pink one and the yellow one. 



I've been collecting my own 1950's-60's jewelry that I'll redo into some necklaces and bracelets. My mom sent me a bunch of my grandmother's jewelry recently and I was thrilled to get it.

I got these Chevrolet decals that I'll put on wood for my three brothers. Our dad was a Chevrolet dealer so they'll bring back good memories.
All in all, it was a great time. Fun to meet new people, fun to see old friends and fine to see what folks are doing with all this cool vintage stuff. 

1 comment:

Linda in Waterloo said...

Awesome post, than you! Your booth looked fantastic - shabby chic to the max!