Thursday, June 06, 2013

Deconstruct, Reconstruct


I've been itching to start making some jewelry from my large collection of vintage jewelry. Update the old with a new twist.

I've been hunting and gathering for awhile now, scouring thrift stores, yard sales, etsy, ebay. I recently ordered about 3 pounds worth on ebay and I was thrilled with the selection. My mom also sent me some of my grandmother's jewelry which is extra special.

This is the first time I've used different types of chains on a piece. First I go through my stash, selecting chains, beads and adornments that go together. Then I take my handy dandy needle nose pliers and deconstruct the necklaces, pull the clips off the backs of the earrings and decide what will be the main attraction. I would wire some chain together, wouldn't like it and then have to take it apart. A lot more time consuming than my normal way of making jewelry. I'll probably get the hang of it and become a bit faster but I'm liking the process. 



I made earrings to match the necklace. I'm trying to make necklaces and earrings at the same time, while I still have similar materials for both.

Because once I use them up, I can't just order more from a catalogue. So if you have any of your grandmother's jewelry laying around, let me know. I'll be right over.

2 comments:

fabric sourcing agent said...

I've been hunting and gathering for awhile now, scouring thrift stores, yard sales, etsy, ebay. I recently ordered about 3 pounds worth on ebay and I was thrilled with the selection. My mom also sent me some of my grandmother's jewelry which is extra special. fully stitched salwar suits wholesale , wholesale salwar kameez catalogue with price ,

thennowh said...

you could try this out page browse around this website you can try this out like this Loewe Dolabuy