Thursday, June 12, 2014

Italy, Part 2

We traveled by train from Florence to Lucca, a beautiful walled city dating back to 150 BC.
It's 2.5 miles around the city on the wall, which one can bike or walk around.

Of course we had to grab some wine and beer in this cool pub.




I even checked out a knit shop. Italian yarn is nice, but I like ours better.

I was seen doing this a lot….checking out the wine menu!

We rented bikes and rode around the top of the wall a few times.  


I made a little video by holding my iPhone in front of me. 

Burlap bags have so many uses (Krista and I have been using them for a couple years now for our furniture and home goods) but this is really how they should be used!

Love the patina on these old buildings. What I noticed about Tuscany (I don't know about the rest of Italy) is that all the houses and buildings were either beige, mustard, sienna, pale yellow. And they almost always had red tiled roofs and were similar in construction. Makes for a very cohesive looking countryside.

Of course we sampled various pizzas. Some were ohlala delicious and some were so-so. Houston makes such good pizza, it was hard to compare to his.

Beverages of choice…I LOVE my coffee!


 
By taking the train, we saw a lot of graffiti. I am a graffiti fan, so was impressed with the quantity and the quality of it all.

Next up, my favorite…Cinque Terra.

No comments: